The DBB “5 Minute” Morticer from Souber Tools, produces an accurate and clean lock recess every time whilst looking the part. The Souber JIG1 has so far proved extremely invaluable and efficient for any tradesman who regularly fits mortice locks.
This very precise drilling jig is designed specifically to guide the drilling bit to cut mortices for door locks and their faceplates. It is quick and simple to set up, self centring and locks onto the door edge securely.
It really is a simple process: mark the lock length on to the door, select the width of mortice cutter that suits your lock, set the depth collar, pass the drill shaft through the jig’s guide bush, lock the jig to the door and using power from your drill, drive the carbide tipped mortice cutter into the door moving up and down; repeat process for the faceplate. This produces a very clean smooth cut and is one of the fastest most accurate ways to cut a mortice. You can also use it to cut hinges.
Power drill with a 13mm chuck running at speeds 2,000 - 3,000 rpm is recommended. Works with any doors from 30mm - 85mm in thickness. Supplied with 3 special carbide tipped cutters: 19, 22 and 25.4mm covering the most popular lock widths, a shaft for lock up to 100mm in depth and carry case.
- Cuts out a mortice for the lock body and its face plate
- Extremely fast and accurate
- Every single part of the Souber Jig1 is replaceable
- Comes in a handy plastic carry case with spaces for any extras
- Is able to recess for door hinges
- Can cut out for some strike plates and electric releases
- Jig1 uses the improved new style screw on TCT (Tungsten Carbide Tipped) cutters
- A combination of vertical guides, height and depth stops make sure no unwanted cuts are made
- A comprehensive range of spares, accessories and special attachments available
- Drills Out the locks forend and the Lock Body in one
- A Heavy Duty Robust construction and precision manufactured
- Works with any doors from 30mm - 85mm in thickness
- Saves you both time and money
- Enables Increased working speed and speed of cutting mortices
- Can Be used on wood or (with special cutters) aluminium doors
- The self-centring jig removes the need for marking up the door and saves time again.
- Uses a standard corded 13mm Capacity power drill with between 2000-3000rpm.
- Dependable and reliable
- All parts are replaceable
- 1 x Souber DBB “5 Minute” Morticer
- 1 x 19mm Screw on TCT Cutter
- 1 x 22mm Screw on TCT Cutter
- 1 x 25mm Screw on TCT Cutter
- 1 x Standard Shaft (Locks Up to 100mm)
- 1 x Plastic Carrying Case
- 1 x Instruction Manual and Product List