- This means new requirements as to how we process your personal data. We embrace these changes and our policy updates are intended to reflect the transparency this law requires.
- You can make changes and opt in or out if you prefer to receive updates and newsletters by logging into your web account.
- We hope you'll find these updates improve your customer experience and reinforce our commitment to your data
privacy and security. If you have any questions or comments, please send us a message at email@example.com
Thank you for being a Toucan Tools Customer.
Toucan Tools respects the need to protect your privacy and data and will ensure that any personal information you send to us remains confidential.
Toucan Tools will,
- Keep your personal information secure and only use it for the purposes as detailed below.
- Not sell your personal information.
- Provide you with ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
Credit Card Information:
All credit card information is encrypted when it is transferred over the Internet using SSL Encryption via a payment processing provider and Toucan Tools does not store any card information.
Sharing your information:
We may share information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering your order, warranties, providing search results and providing customer service. Examples of third parties we may share your data with include:
- Payment service providers
- Suppliers & manufacturers
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Regulators and other authorities
- External Auditors
All of our third parties only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they will not use it for other purposes. They must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by EU data protection laws.
Data Collection & Usage:
Information we collect from you will be in order to provide a good customer service and for the purpose of fulfilling your order(s):
What information we collect, store and process
Toucan Tools asks to use temporary cookies to track your use of the website
We use this information solely for the purpose of ensuring that the content of the website meets our customer's requirements.
When you provide us with your email address and opt-in to receive marketing information we will also give you the opportunity to provide us with your:
We may email you with our latest deals, offers, events and voucher codes.
We may contact you occasionally to check your data is accurate and up-to-date.
When you order with Toucan Tools, we will collect:
We require this information in order to process your order. We also use this information for fulfilling your order and may pass the information to manufacturer for the sole purpose of providing a warranty should your item develop a fault.
We may use your phone number to keep you up-to-date with your delivery and order.
We may use your email to keep you up-to-date with your delivery and order as well as email your invoice.
We shall store your Paypal email address for fraud prevention purposes
We may contact you to check your data is accurate and up-to-date.
When you return an item to Toucan Tools, we will collect:
We require this information in order to ensure your return is processed quickly with regards to requests for warranty repairs, refunds and replacements.
We will contact you in order to keep you up-to-date with the progress of your return.
Toucan Tools has systems in place in regards to fraud prevention, detection, reporting and commits to:
- Implement security systems to prevent fraud by design including the use of SSL encryption on the Toucan Tools website and stringent data protection policies
- Ensure both alleged and proven fraud are dealt with in a consistent and timely manner
- Work in co-operation with the relevant authorities where applicable
- Keep records of confirmed fraud for the purpose of preventing further activity
- Train all staff to be vigilant of possible fraud
How long we will keep your information:
We will keep your information 6 years for warranty claims, tax purposes and legal or regulatory reasons. We will then review the information we hold.
Accessing Your Information:
You may view the personal information we hold for you by logging in to your online account or request this in a different format by contacting us by phone or email.
Keeping Your Information Up-to-Date:
You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete and may do so by contacting us via phone or email. If you do, we will check its accuracy, correct it and make changes where necessary. We may contact you from time to time to check the information we hold for you.
You can make changes and opt in or out if you prefer to receive updates and newsletters by logging into your web account.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data, but please tell us if you believe that we should not be using it.
We may sometimes be able to restrict the use of your data. This means that it can only be used for certain things, such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights. In this situation, we would not use or share your information in other ways while it is restricted.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It has been used unlawfully but you don't want us to delete it.
- It is not relevant anymore, but you want us to keep it for use in claims.
- It is not accurate.
If you want to object to how we use your data or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it, please contact us via phone or email.
Links from this site
Our site may have links to and from the websites of our manufacturers we supply and video links demonstrating products. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Toucan Tools Contact:
For all queries regarding data protection, please contact us.