The idea of developing a new plunge-cut saw is not new in itself. The novel aspect of this development, however, was the origination of a unique precision product from a set of especially designed machine components.
The plunge-cut saw MT 55 18M bl is a jack of all trades. It can execute plunge, parting, bevel and angled cuts with supreme precision and without any tearing.
The scoring function is quickly activated in a single movement. The MT 55 18M bl then cuts visible edges as cleanly as a stationary machine, even if the splinter guard is worn.
The cutting depth range has now been extended to 57 mm (2 1/4 in.). Thanks to the innovative tilting system, the options afforded for bevel cuts are practically unlimited as well.
- Facility for extremely fine adjustment of the cutting depth setting, e.g. when working with a resharpened blade or with Fermacell.
- The closed saw blade cover and the slide bar at the saw-cut ensure a very low dust formation.
- The cutting depth can be set with millimeter precision. With or without a rail – simply turn the pointer to show the exact cutting depth.
- For bevel cuts, the angle setting is fixed in two locations with half a turn of a single locking screw.
- Cross-cutting and rip cuts
- Bevel cuts -1 to +48°
- Plunge cuts
- Compatible materials include solid wood, cement fiberboard, melamine resin panels (Trespa), OSB, gypsum fiberboard, plastics, façade boards and various board materials
1 Allen key 5 mm; Ref. No. 093034
1 Dust bag; Ref. No. 206921
1 TCT sawblade 162 x 1.2/1.8 x 20 mm, 48 alternating teeth, for universal use with board materials; Ref. no. 092584
2 Battery PowerTanks 18 M 99, 18V, 99 Wh (Li-HD); Ref. No. 094438
1 Battery-PowerStation APS 18 M; Ref. No. 094453
1 Position indicator MT-PA; Ref. No. 205398
1 Parallel guide fence; Ref. No. 203214
Transport and storage box T-MAX