Suitable for sealing and filling cracks in most “alike" materials, such as skirting boards, plastics and polystyrene coving. Note: Not recommended for external use or in wet areas.
- Uses Bond It CAULK-MATE has good adhesion to most building materials and can be used for repairing small cracks and joints with no movement in plaster and wood.
- It is ideal for use on: u wood u light fittings u stair risings u plaster u brick u concrete u plasterboard
- Preparation All surfaces must be clean, dry, sound and free from dust, oil or any other contaminants that may hinder adhesion. If necessary, in addition to mechanical means, cleaning with a solvent such as acetone is recommended for degreasing.
- Priming Bond It CAULK-MATE does not require a primer on most common construction surfaces. However, in some cases it may be necessary to prime concrete or other surfaces for optimum adhesion. To determine whether a primer is required a sample should be tested.
- Application Apply using a standard sealant gun. Cut tip from cartridge, be careful not to damage the screw thread. Cut the nozzle at an angle of 45° to an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed, and fix to cartridge. Smooth down within 10 minutes using a slightly wetted spatula or sponge. Do not tool down after the skin has started to form. Do not saturate the surface with water as this will delay the curing process. CAULK-MATE can be over painted
- with emulsion paint as soon as a skin forms, approx after 1 hour. For oil based paints, allow to dry completely for 24-48 hours before over painting. Remove excess product with a damp cloth.
- Limitations Not suitable when: u applied at temperatures below +5°C u used in joints constantly immersed in water u used in contact with bituminous products u used in areas of high abrasion, e.g. floor joints u joints that are subject to movement.
- Container Sizes EU3 and EU4 plastic cartridge.
- Shelf Life Use within 24 months from date of manufacture. Store in unopened cartridges at a temperature between 5-15oC.
- Colours CAULK-MATE is available in white only.
- Storage Conditions Store in cool, dry conditions. Protect from frost.
- Disposal of Containers Do not leave empty containers where residue could be harmful to children, animals or the environment. Remove any containers to a central disposal point in accordance with local regulations.
- Health & Safety Please refer to separate material safety data sheet for full handling, use and storage instructions. Keep out of reach of children. It is the users responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt contact our Technical Department for advice.